RTIO completed a fire impact risk assessment resulting in improvement of the existing fire protection systems and Yandicoogina. The Project Scope of Works comprises the design, supply and installation of two, 22 M high stair towers including; civil, structural and electrical disciplines: • Shuttle Conveyor Gantries - YCV03 Dry Plant Conveyor and • Shuttle Conveyor Gantries - YCV303 PC3 (JSE)
RTIO is a global leader in the iron ore industry, recognised for its culture, innovation and industry-leading development of world class infrastructure and mining assets in the Pilbara, Western Australia. All Iron Ore Operations in the Pilbara, including Pilbara Iron, Hamersley Iron, Robe River Mining, Hamersley HMS and Hope Downs Iron Ore Venture function under the Rio Tinto (RT) banner, as worldclass asset manager that operates and maintains mining, rail and export facilities in the northwest of Western Australia.
The scope of supply includes D & C of the new stair towers. The initial design included functional definition, understanding the client’s objectives, providing the client guidance on RTIO and Australian Standard requirements, resulting in delivery of a compliant and functional facility. The final project scope of works includes:
• Multi-discipline design including: civil, structural, electrical, earthing and structural detailing
• Management of the design process including; concept design, risk assessment, HAZOP analysis and detailed design
• Identification of underground services including a Fire Ring Main
• Relocation of the Fire Ring Main, outside of the footing location
• Excavation and installation of foundation and pedestal concrete
• Detailing, supply and fabrication of steelwork, handrails & grating
• Transport of all materials to Yandicoogina
• Sub-contract strategy definition, documentation preparation, tendering and construction management. The preferred strategy included sub-contracts for design, civil works, fabrication and E/I installation, with the SMP installation being self performed
• Testing and commissioning of E/I scope and
• Compilation of the project MDR and documentation.
This contract was established due to SIMPEC’s unwavering focus on ensuring our customer needs are met and our teams work safely each and every day.