Iluka Resources Limited are developing a new mine at Cataby. The mine will produce approximately 5.4 million tonnes of Heavy Mineral Concentrate (HMC) over an expected mine life of 9 years. Down-stream processing of HMC will occur at Ilukas Mineral Separations Plants (MSPs) at Capel and Narngulu. The Cataby deposit is situated 150 km north of Perth and 17 km west of Dandaragan. It is adjacent to the Brand Hwy with the proposed main processing area south of Caro rd.
The fast track construction of the tanks was achieved with out incident and on budget.
Iluka Resources Limited was formed in 1998 with the company operations in the South west of Western Australia stretching up to the mid west.
Iluka is a multinational company that delivers mineral sands to various industries, products include Zircon, Titanium, iron and carbon
The Flocculant Plant installation is made up of the site erection of the following elements:
· Dry powder Storage and Transfer System
· Flocculant Batching and Transfer System
· Flocculant Storage and Dosing System
· Stair tower
· Fabrication and installation of pipe supports
· Installation of interconnecting pipework.
The Flocculant Plant will form part of a complex, state-of-the-art mineral and chemical processing facility.
The Flocculant Plant will form part of a complex, state-of-the-art mineral and chemical processing facility. Total storage capacity of the tanks is greater than 1,600 m3.
· Total storage capacity of the tanks is greater than 1,600 m3
· 3 tanks and 1 silo installed
· Largest tank - 10m diameter x 10m high
· 4 pump skids
· Over 200m piping
· Mixing tank fabricated offsite and lifting into location