The Cataby Project was approved by Iluka Resources (ASX:ILU) in Dec 2017 to develop the Cataby mineral sands deposit in Western Australia. Cataby is a large chloride ilmenite deposit located 150km north of Perth in the Shire of Dandaragan. The project is estimated to cost between $250M to $275M.
This was SIMPEC's first project which was completed on budget and with out any incident.
Grounded Construction Pty Ltd is a Western Australian company that provides Construction and Maintenance services for mining and civil projects. Its main area of focus is supply and installation of modular buildings for mining projects and accommodation facilities.
Grounded Construction Pty Ltd was engaged to complete construction of two accommodation facilities for the project for use by Tronox Limited and Iluka. In total these facilities will cater for ~400 employees.
SIMPEC’s Scope of Work for the Accommodation Facilities included:
• Construction management
• Supply of all equipment and cables
• Installation of complete electrical and communication systems
• Commissioning, Testing and Certification of complete system
The project was completed with our valued client.
• 30,000 m of cable installed
• 8,500 manhours completed on site
• Project completed Incident and Injury Free