The WADCD project was approved by Rio Tinto Limited (ASX:RIO) to sustain current mine capacity at 35 Mtpa, as a replacement high grade ore source for depleting deposits at the West Angelas mine site in Western Australia. West Angelas is a large iron ore deposit located approximately 110km west-northwest of Newman, and 1200km north-northeast of Perth, Western Australia.
The project was succesfully delivered safely and on budget.
ATCO Structures & Logistics Pty Ltd. has been providing quality modular building solutions throughout Australia since 1961. Headquartered in Brisbane, Queensland, ATCO Structures & Logistics has nine sales offices; as well as manufacturing facilities in Brisbane in Queensland; Melbourne, Victoria; and in Perth, Western Australia.
ATCO S&L have been involved with many major projects in Australia that cemented their position as the leading modular construction provider.
SIMPEC’s Scope of Work for the Accommodation Facilities include:
• Construction management
• Supply of all equipment and cables
• Installation of complete electrical and communication systems
• Installation of entertainment systems
• Commissioning, Testing and Certification of complete system
Complete plug and play solution for personnel quarters
· Installation of over 30,000m of cable
· Complete plug and play solution for personnel quarters
· Installation of enterprise grade communications, and entertainment solution